GMB Job Opportunities
For job opportunities within all regions of the GMB:- click here
Vacancy for a Multi-sited Secretary - Cardiff Office
Click here for a full Job Description: Job Description
The GMB Wales & South West Region has a vacancy for a full time experienced Secretary to work in regional office, Cardiff, and from time to time at sub offices in Bristol and Swansea covering periods of annual leave or in accordance with regional requirements.
The salary is Grade 4 Band A £23,415.24 per annum. Hours of work are 32½ per week, 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday. In return for excellent terms and conditions, the successful candidate will need to possess the following skills, knowledge and qualities:
• Competent in Microsoft Office and lotus Notes- an essential requirement
• Experience of working in a demanding secretarial/administrative role
• Strong secretarial/administrative skills required, including a good telephone manner, fast and accurate note taking, typing and diary management
• Verbal and written communication skills and experience of successfully communicating with a variety of people at all levels
• The ability to prioritise own workload whilst working under pressure, to meet strict deadlines
• The ability to produce work to a high standard, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience of working as an effective team member and providing support to others
• The ability to recognise and have strict regard for confidentiality and discretion
• Have some understanding of trade unions and have a personal commitment to these objectives
Applications are invited from any person with the relevant experience and skills. For an application pack, please telephone Carole Whyman, PA to the Regional Secretary, on 02920 491260 or email: email@example.com
The closing date for completed applications (by post or email} is 12 noon on Thursday, 19 April 2018.
Following short-listing of candidates. Interviews will take place on Friday 27 April 2018.